24 December 2017

8 MONTHS LATER...

It has been 8 months plus since I last posted. Blogging has always been at the back of my mind. I like typing, and blog is a good platform to share. However, I am an inveterate procrastinator and I spent so much time thinking without taking any action. I had 'refresh' and 'restart' this blog so many times. This year, December 2017, is time for me to take some actions and stop 'restarting'. 

Anyway, just an update of the accident I had earlier this year. I have been going back to the hospital on monthly basis. I had started the steroid treatment for my upper lip wound. The wound turned into a keloid, and it needed the steroid to kill the infection and flatten it. The doctor told me that I needed around 7 to 8 sessions. Thus far, the last injection I had was the 4th one. 

The first session was the worst. It hurt really bad. I cried a little when the needle poked into the wound and the steroid gave a searing pain. It felt like it was burning the wound. I was in agony for the next few hours. As for the subsequent sessions, I get better at tolerating the pain. I still tear a bit during the injection, because the doctor does not just poke once. She may inject a few times, usually 2-3 pokes, so that the wound is fully covered with the steroid. 

Of course, there are risks in every treatments. The risk of steroid treatment is infection and thinning of the skin. So far, my wound is healing well after each session. I hope it continues on like that with no obstacles ahead. As for the wound at my forehead and cheek, they healed really well. Thank goodness. No pigmentation or keloid scarring. Right now, the upper lip wound has visibly became smaller. I just hope it continues flatten until it look like a normal scar. No pop-up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment